11.24.2008

Thanksgiving Planning


I have my short spurts of trying to be a 20-year-old version of Martha Stewart, and it should be no surprise that Thanksgiving brings along one of these trends. This year, however, I added fuel to the fire: Instead of going back home to Dallas for Thanksgiving, my family will be traveling down to Austin to celebrate Turkey Day in my small little apartment.

I have already hit up Marshall's for their sale on Thanksgiving decorations, (Don't worry, Mom. They really were on sale.) and Target had the perfect napkins and plates, decorated with lots of leaves and lots of burnt orange (Again: on sale). But if I was going to make Martha's maple leaf cookies for family and friends, I had to make a trip to Hobby Lobby.

That leaves the menu: two types of dressing, two types of green beans, corn, mashed potatoes, cranberry relish, rolls, a cake and maple leaf cookies (because Martha told me to), and a ham (straight from Central Market).

So in the next fews days, I have to finish a ton of pre-Thanksgiving break homework, make my apartment shine, shop for groceries, start baking, and, on top of everything, entertain a handful of house guests. Whew; is it Christmas yet?

No comments: