9.22.2008

Favorites from Fashion Week, Spring 2009: New York

I have looked through all of the Ready-to-Wear Collections shown at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York to find my favorite Spring 2009 line.
As with any spring collection, color is always key. But of course, no garment works unless it could be taken off the runway and look good on a healthy women.

So, with that said, my favorite collection is Jonathan Saunders'. He took ocean-inspired colors and mixed them with simple, classic black and white touches. His emphasis for the silhouette definitely put emphasis on the waist. The collection also lent itself well to the weather in spring by bringing in lighter fabrics and the appearance of layering.

The only thing I would ask Jonathan Saunders to change about his collection? Could you please make this available at Target?

His entire collection can be seen at Style.com, Vogue's website.


I'll be posting my favorite from London Fashion Week very soon.

No comments: