10.23.2008

ABC Made My Day

ABC had a great day today. More specifically, they gave me four hours of entertainment--the kind of entertainment you really crave when you're sick, pledge to never take off your sweatshirt, and don't move from the couch all day.

The View Goldberg mentioned the started out my day with Joy Behar, once again, taking a jab at Sarah Palin. In the midst of discussing Bristol Palin's plans for both her baby and potential wedding, Whoopi Governor's motto, "drill, baby, drill." Well, that opened the flood gates for Joy to say, "isn't that what got Bristol in trouble in the first place?" You can watch the conversation on YouTube if you want to laugh your way to class like I did.

Later, Oprah had the Olsen twins on her show, and I cannot resist watching the two of them. They were on the show discussing their hectic professional lives and their new book Influence. I'm sure that I am crossing the line between curiosity and creepiness in saying this, but if there really was a channel like The Truman Show, I wish it would be about them. Moving on...

Tonight's new Ugly Betty was funny, as usual, but Lindsay Lohan's appearance made it extra special. Towards the end of the episode, America Ferrera (Betty) pulled down Lindsay Lohan's skirt in the middle of the Mode cafeteria, showing everyone her Hanky Pankys. It was just a nice laugh before getting dramatic and serious in Grey's Anatomy...

Grey's began with all of its primetime soap opera-ness when Callie Torres and Erica Hahn made out and "did it" (as Callie put it) for the first time. Then Meredith Grey dropped a kidney in the middle of the surgery room, which gave way to another quip from Miranda Bailey--"five second rule!"

And the last, but best, thing ABC gave me today was a commercial flashback during Grey's Anatomy. I love you, ABC!

Remember this commercial? Classic.

No comments: