10.07.2008

'8' was pushing it, but "17" is just too much


Although some may call me a stalker, I am a self-proclaimed sucker for Jon and Kate plus 8. This reality show on TLC has become cult-like for those who enjoy watching the daily lives of the Gosselin family. Jon and Kate's little ones stress me out almost as much as they make my heart melt! Who doesn't enjoy hearing 8 little half-Korean children fight over who is the most "Ajin" (Asian)? I can hear the awww's from here.

But get real TLC! The brand new show, 17 Kids and Counting, is just out of control. This brand new reality series follows around the Duggars, a conservative Baptist family from Tontitown, Arkansas with 17 children (and one on the way).

I'll let you process that for a second.

Yeah, that's right. One woman. 17 kids: Joshua, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Matthew, Joy-Anna, Jeremiah, Jedidiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer.

Of course, it makes good television. I get that. But when you are watching Jon and Kate plus 8, you can truly understand how stressful having 8 children can be; however, when I'm watching 17 Kids and Counting, all I can think about is where is the chaos, the stress, the "Ajin" moments? No family can be that calm and put together. I'll just have to finish the rest of the season and pray for some sort of meltdown.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

18 kids...that is just wrong. I also love those Gosselin kids. I am glued to the tv when they are on. Why? Who knows. Maybe I am jealous that I was half way there with my 4 and stopped. I think Kate is a supermom.